Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Caramel pudding

Despite being lazy, I still have to eat. I enjoy eating and always love it. I never use to put on weight but everything's changed now. Sigh. To make myself feel better or just as an excuse, I keep telling myself, I have 3 kids and still breastfeed my 10-month old baby. I have to eat. Hahahaha....

I made myself caramel pudding just for dessert today's breakfast, lunch, tea, dinner and supper. Don't blame me. Blame it on everything that I mentioned above.



This is my mum's recipe but I modified it to my M&S taste!

1 tin of evaporated milk
1 tin of water
1 tin of fresh milk (my mum ommits this)
6-8 eggs
4 tbsp of sugar

For the Caramel
- I use 1 block of palm sugar: dissolved it with water to make a syrup (boil it in a pan until it thickens)

or if you want...

In a small, heavy saucepan, combine 1 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water. Place pan on low heat and stir untill the sugar syrup turns golden brown colour. Remove pan from heat.

Pour 1 1/2 tbsp caramel into a small cup or bowl (or according to taste as I like it very sweet). Mix all the above ingredients with an electric hand mixer. Pour in the mixture into the cup or bowl coated with caramel and put in the steamer for 30 minutes.

To make the caramel look nice make sure to not let the excess water from the top of the steamer's cover to fall into it by wiping the cover out every 5 minutes or so.


See how ugly it is. Iwas just too lazy to wipe the excess water :-(

2 comments:

NaniRostam said...

Wah mummy buat caramel pudig bubuh M&M ke?...mesti yummy....

Mummy Nana said...

Eh bukan M&M auntie... M&S = Marks & Spencer nya caramel pudding... dia more taste susu dari telur.. tu yg saya tambah 1 tin susu tu...heheh.. but idea of putting M&M pun menarik jugak... heheh...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...