Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wholemeal Pancakes and Red Thai Chicken Curry



As usual, I would browse the internet clicking the Blogger navbar at the top of the page searching for nice and interesting new food recipes. Taa daa... I found another one. Always Room For Dessert written by Laura. The food on that blog looks so yummie and well presented, I think its made by a professional.

I was eyeing the Chocolate Toffee Cookie Cake but there was no recipe provided. I wouldn't be able to do it anyway-it looks SO complicated. Hehe.. Anyway, I tried something more simple but so nice and easy to make. Green Onion Pancakes.

Turn outs to be very good and SO delicious. I would serve this with red thai chicken curry instead for the sauce but if you have nothing to dip in you can eat it just it like that. It's just superb.

Well, somehow I ran out of plain/all-purpose flour at home and the only flour that I had was wholemeal. So, I just used that instead. You might need to put extra water for that flour but the results won't disappoint you. You can go here for the full Original recipe and how to do it. If you want to use wholemeal flour like I did, this is the improvised recipe:
1 1/2 cups whole meal flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 to 1 cup warm water (maybe more)
3 tsp sesame oil
1/2 cup green onions, finely sliced
2 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
Flour (to finish)

I even doubled the ingredients and kept it in the freezer for breakfast, almost everday!



Recipe for Red Thai Chicken Curry

1/2 chicken cut into really small pieces or to make life easier, 3 chicken breasts (my preference)
3 Tbsp cooking oil
2 Stalks of lemongrass
1 Big onion
2 Garlic cloves
1cm Ginger
3 Red Chilies (optional if you like it hot)
1 Red and Green Capsicum julliened
4 Tbsp curry powder mixed with 2 tbsp of water
1/2 Cup coconut milk or just normal milk
200ml water
1 tbsp salt
2 tbsp sugar
5 kafir lime leaves

Blend all lemon grass, onion, garlic, ginger and red chilies. Heat oil in a pot or a deep frying pan and fry all the blended ingredients until fragrant. Put in curry powder paste and kafir lime leaves, leave it for 5 minutes or until the oil breaks.

Then, put all the washed and cut chicken and leave again for another 10 minutes. When you think the chicken is tender and cooked put all other ingredients, coconut milk or milk, capsicum, water, sugar and salt. The curry is ready if the gravy is boiled and thick. It's also really nice to eat with cooked white rice.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...