Saturday, February 20, 2010

Dipped Rice Krispie snack

After a busy week, finally I managed to get some rest for myself and woke up late today. For the first time in her life, my daughter, Ameera also woke up late today. What a relief as she never wakes up later than 8 o'clock in the morning and usually at 7 even though she went to bed very late the night before. If she sleeps it just means everyone can get back to bed peacefully. She has lots of energy and she's just never tired doing anything but easily gets bored when she doesn't have anything to do.

Anyway, I told my husband that I've decided to stay home today. What a relief to him. I usually nag him to go out during weekend as I keep telling him that this is the only time we can spend time together outside with the kids since I always do it alone during the week.

My husband more of a stay-at-home-type of person as well as me. I know he won't agree though. But, in my defence, I didn't go to work and I didn't get to see and communicate with people other than my kids everyday. So, rather than having my 'ME' time alone, I told him I prefer going out with him together with the kids. So, every weekend I always want to go somewhere even if it was just for a cup of coffee.

Well, what did I do today? After the normal routine, taking care of the kids, cooking, washing some cloths, etc..etc... I decided to do something with my kids. I saw this simple and fun dipped rice krispie recipe that looks yummy. I took it from this blog but somehow I didn't have enough marshmallows as well as dark chocolate so, I decided to use my own imagination:


2 tbsp butter
150gm Marshmallows (I used the big white and pink ones)
4 1/2 cup of rice krispies
150gm white cooking chocolate(as I've told you I always have stock at home)
1 tsp butter

Method:
Melt 2 tbsp butter in a non-stick deep pan. Put all the marshmallows in and stir until everything has melted together. You might need to use a low heat so the mixture won't get burnt easily. Then, pour in all the rice krispies. Fold it until all of it is fully covered. I used a buttered rectangle tin pan and poured in the hot mixture.


Use the back of spoon to press/even the mixture out on the pan. As my marshmallow are not that much, my mixture is not that sticky so I can cut it into shape straight-away. My kids used a gingerbread cutter and a circle cutter. Leave it aside while you melt the cooking white chocolate next.


Place broken or chopped chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl. Heat on Medium power for 15 to 20 second intervals. Pausing to stir gently between times. When the chocolate is almost melted, remove from microwave oven and allow it to sit for a few minute to complete the melting process. Put in butter and stir again.


Take one by one of the krispie bars and dip one side of it into the melted chocolate and leave it to dry. Ta daa! All is ready to eat!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...