Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Red Velvet Cake

Personally, apart from the rainbow cake, this red velvet is a hit at the moment. I've always been tempted to make this cake but I can't imagine how it tastes like. The ones I've seen, looked so fluffy, velvety, scrumptious, yummy and so beautiful too. Like some sort of small version of a wedding cake.

So, it was quite a coincidence when browsing the internet recently, I came across this...



Isn't it great? It looks simple enough as well. Yeah, right. Tipu jek... But, I still love it and it's not too bad. I don't have the required 9" round pans so I used 1 big 9" round pan instead. My verdict: Use as directed because if you use a big one, you'd need to cut it and as an amateur like me, I nearly broke the cake into pieces. Also, it would take longer to bake and the texture didn't turn out as soft as in the video (as far as I can see).

My version of RED VELVET cake


I just realised that I don't have enough Philadelphia cheese for the frosting. I  only  had one pack at the time. Because of that, I didn't have enough frosting so, I just put a thin layer for that sandwich effect.

That's why it looked so buruks inside

4 comments:

TopsyTurvyMum said...

Hehe...well done!

The most important thing is SEDAPP!!

Mummy Nana said...

Hehehe.. tenkiu TTM... oklah habis jugak kek nie dimakan.. bapak budak and budak2 pun suka.. tapi I xberapa... haish kalau xchocolate mmg xlaju sgt nak makan.. heheh baik buat brownie TTM tu.. lagi sodap.. haha

YANI SLiM said...

adoiiiiiiiii.....sedapnya *telan liur 100x ni bila tgk tutorial n cake u . its my latest fav i. always get it from 1)Whisk Empire Subang 2)CPK, klcc :)).nice blog! xlinks ya. tq ;)

Mummy Nana said...

Hehehe.. tulah tgk tutorial cam senang jek... tapi tipu.. heheh.. Memang terliur tgk video tu... tulah nak balik mesia... boleh beli jek byk choice.... thanks 4 the link... I link u too ok..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...