Sunday, January 31, 2010

Story about my Ameera

Since I'm not working, it's been a long time since I brought my kids out for ice cream or to the shopping center just for the sake of it. The reason being, if I go to the shop, I will buy something unnecessary. The ice cream only costs a little but in the end, I will end up spending more. With a really tight income I have to budget my expenses wisely.

Oh well, Ameera finished school early on Friday, since most employed people's pay-day is today (what's the difference to me anyway? just an excuse hehe), I decided to bring the kids out for ice cream. And, as expected, here we go! After ice cream, the kids wanted to go to the book shop.

So we went to Eason's, browsed around the shop looking for books and stuff. Well, I told Ameera we were not getting anything and were just looking around. She nodded her head in agreement. Husayn however, ended up getting this Cars (Lightning McQueen) art boxset which cost me only €1.99. Feeling guilty, I asked Ameera to find something for herself too.

So, she gets this nice Charlie & Lola book which cost €8. Emmm... I know it's not that expensive but I thought it's definitely not necessary to buy that particular book at this time. So, I asked her again.

Are u sure you want this book or something else?

She says Yes. So, while in the queue to pay, I asked her again. Am I a bad mom just because I don't want to pay that much, I asked her so many times. Sigh. So, this time I asked her.

Are you sure you want to buy a book or stationery instead?

With a quick answer and excitedly...

Yeah..Yeah.. I want to buy stationery.

So we went upstairs to the stationery section. Browsing around again she looked at all colouring equipment, copy books and the files/folders section. She eventually chose this striking green copy book which only cost 39 cents!

Emmmm in my heart... I was smiling. My Ameera, she's a really good girl. She is ALWAYS like this. Even though she wants something really good/nice but in the end, she will buy something really cheap BUT something that she definitely uses on a daily basis.

A friend did tell me, one day, she brought Ameera and her own daughter to a toy shop. She did ask Ameera to choose anything she wanted in the shop. While her daughter chose a nice Barbie doll, Ameera ended up buying an art set for herself. Even though my friend did ask her whether Ameera was sure she didn't want any toys, Ameera still chose the art set.

Did I tell you, Ameera, paper and pens/pencils/crayons, etc. etc. CANNOT be separated. She loves to draw so much and to write stuff. She can finish using a stack of paper in a week if given a chance. She can occupy herself with drawing like there's nothing else to do in the world. She said she wants to be an art teacher when she grows up. For the moment, that is why we agreed to create a blog for her. To encourage her to read more and write by herself.

Back to my story, I felt really bad about it (only one copy book) so, I asked her to get some crayons along with a few more copy books. As soon as she got the books and crayons, she was delighted. She just can't wait to use them to start drawing...




Farbstudie Quadrate, c.1913 by Wassily Kandinsky as interpreted by Ameera (our own little modern art master!)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

sayu plak baca entry u ni...tsk tsk...tuh org kata pengorbanan mak takde sapa bleh ganti...
anyway, ameera really good in art kan...

Mummy Nana said...

hahah.. tulah kadang rasa I mcm jahat jek... mainan pun beli time besday jek... hahah.. tapi mmm xleh ikutkan sgt diorg nie...
Drawing is everything to her...

Chip said...

She's missing a few boxes from Kandinsky's original but it's a good effort. Hahahahaha!

As Ameera is fast becoming our resident artist, I'm appointing myself as the resident Art Critic-all talk without the effort to match!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
naniesc said...

uikss.. tslh sign lak... hihi acu bukak kindergarten.. acu hire meera k jd cikgu situ.. hehee

Mummy Nana said...

Mahal nak bayar kat Cikgu Ameera... nie Cikgu obersea!!!

naniesc said...

kalo acu buat kindergarten kt dublin tu.. da jd cikgu tempatan..huahuahuaa...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...