Saturday, August 7, 2010

Cliffs of Moher

When my friend said she was coming over we kept thinking of places to bring them while their stayed here. As there were four of them naturally, they had a car rented for their own convenience.So, we planned to go somewhere a bit further but still close enough so that it would still be a daytrip.

I can say Ireland is such a beautiful country but somehow, we haven't had a chace to fully explore it. Now that we've got aan excuse, we decided to go to the famous Cliffs of Moher in County Clare (nominated as a finalist as one of the New 7 Wonders of Nature) which theoretically, is meant to be a three hour drive from Dublin. I've never thought of going there myself as I'm a bit afraid of heights and I would imagine my kids running around near the edge of the cliffs, trying to jump into the ocean. OK, maybe I'm more than a bit gayat. So, if you asked me, the Cliffs certainly wouldn't be at the top of my list of places to visit.

But, seeing that it was my friend's visit over here, it was a good enough reason for us to go. Plus, here's another reason to go. Have you ever heard of Westlife? Well, the boy band shot one of their videos for one of their songs here. And, I think it was also in a scene in that movie PS I Love You.



On the way there, my husband kept on saying

Yang, aren't you excited to get to see the Atlantic Ocean!?

Looking blankly I said...

What? Atlantic Ocean?  

D'oh! Well, pardon me but my geopgraphic knowledge is VERY bad. I don't even know where Ireland is if you asked me to draw a map. Seriously, I don't know. I need to get a globe or a world atlas for myself some day but for now, just enjoy the pictures. I can give you directions later...ahaks!





Apart from the longer than usual journey (the directions given were completely wrong), there were a few other incidents that happened along the way, just to spice up our lives. Our petrol ran out in the middle of nowhere on the top of a hill on the way to the cliffs, the weather was not that good and when we finally got there, it was close enough to sunset. But despite everything that happend, I  think the trip was still a very memorable one.

5 comments:

Lady of Leisure said...

cantiknya tempat ni...

TopsyTurvyMum said...

MasyaAllah, cantiknyer scenery!

yup..macam scene PS I Love You:)

I paling teringin nak gi Ireland ngan Switzerland huhuhu

Unaizah said...

Beautiful pics.....

Mummy Nana said...

Lady of Leisure: Tulah cantik Ireland nie rupanya.. I pun xsempat nak explore lagi jek..

TTM: Mmg one of the scene PS I love U kat sini rasanya... hmm... jomlah mai sini... kita leh explore sama2... I pun teringin gak nak gi Switzerland and Ostolia... serius nie...

Unaizah: Thanks... the scenery is breathtaking....

naniesc said...

I pon.. teringin semua.. jgn lupe ajak i skali taw.. hahaha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...