Wednesday, October 6, 2010

No Bake Peanut Butter Pie

Honestly, I don't like peanut butter. But looking at this pie from Joy the Baker make me want to have a go. The pie looks so beautiful but at the same time I thought it was simple enough to make.

My version

OK, I'm not good at taking pictures. My husband always says my cooking is always nice but crappy pictures of them won't actually tempt anyone. I'd tend to agree. So,  to tempt people this time around, the below picture was taken from her blog itself. Seriously, what do you think? Nice, eh?


Isn't it pretty? I had a go at making myself the pie and obviously, tasted it. Not that bad even though, like I said earlier, I don't like peanut butter. My husband on the other hand, loved it. Oh, and he's a fan of peanut butter so, he might be a bit biased.

Anyway, here is the recipe adapted from Joy's...

20 Digestive cookies
50gm butter (melted)

1 3/4cup heavy cream
1 cup Peanut Butter
3/4 cup Cream cheese
1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk

Crush the cookies in a food processor until well grounded and mix it with the melted butter. Press the mixture along the sides of a tart pan and along the bottom until evenly coated.  Carefully place the tart pan in the freezer while you prepare the filling.

Just whip 1 cup of the cream until it's firm and combine all the other ingredients. Pour the mixture into the prepared crust and spread evenly.

Whip up the remaining cup of heavy cream to stiff peaks and add to the top of the peanut butter filling.  Refrigerate it for at least two hours or personally, I think a bit longer to make the pie taste and look nicer.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

ha senang ni...bole try buat wknd nie....

sherry said...

nampak yummy lah pulak. Nanti KS try buatlah. Thanks Mummy nana for sharing.

Mummy Nana said...

Rina: After 2 days lagi sedap.... hehehe...

K.Sherry: No problem.. heheh.. trylah.. mmg senang pun... xyah guna oven...

Ermayum said...

looks prety tempting to me :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...