Monday, October 4, 2010

Confessions of a Shopaholic

Can this be regarded as a shopaholic?


The picture is of a week's worth or maybe less of groceries. The groceries seen here don't include fish and any poultry. Bear in mind, I have to get the poultry from a Halal shop and not at any old supermarket. So, how much do you think I spent on buyng all this? I should make it contest or something. Ahaks. The good thing is,  I actually use all the stuff seen here with none wasted.

While on the topic of buying and shopping,  I have a confession to make. I have an obsession with shopping for stuff to fill my kitchen be it food or just stuff in general for the kitchen. OK, I'd be lying to you if I said I don't really like handbags or other girlie stuff. I do. I really do. It's just that if you give me a thousand Euro, I'd I rather go to the kitchen section and spend the whole lot of it there.


For example, a few weeks ago when  I was in the car waiting for Ameera's school bus to arrive, I had my favourite radio station on when I heard the Gossip News by Siobhan O'Connor. Siobhan mentioned that Kim Kardashian spent over USD$100,000 on handbags on a single shopping spree. Crazy or what?

I guess most people out there would disagree with me. I know being a celebrity won't be a problem for them to do that. But, even if I had that kind of money, I would buy myself something else from you know where instead. I would think twice or maybe more to buy handbags for myself. Honestly though, I don't mind if I get it as a gift. Really I do love them. I have a few nice handbags but it will be in the museum very back of my wardrobe for ages until they get all mouldy and make my other half angry with me. I'd rather wear something like a €30 handbag which is comfortable and suits me more until the day it gets too old and tatty.

To be honest, I do go out window shopping which unfortunately, doesn't happen too often nowadays. I would still buy something at the end of the day but it will be from kitchen/grocery section or something related. I love to eat so I just can't stop myself from buying any good food if  had the chance.

So, would you then consider me a shopaholic? If given a chance, I would be able to spend hundreds of Euro in Tesco alone and if I go to another supermarket I might still end up buying something else too.

One of eight of my grocery bags

As the recession hit me badly, I have had to control myself and be more disciplined about shopping. Towards the end of the movie, Confessions of a Shopaholic, everything that had been bought was re-sold. What should I do then? Hehehe by the time I realise that I had been shoppng like mad, the stuff that I bought would either be finished or go bad. No extra money for me there is there?



Well, to ease the pain, you guys out there who live in or around Dublin who would like to make me some money why not try my (in)famous Oreo Cheesecake, or some of my simply decorated cuppies, or any of the cookies or cheeseballs I've mentiond before, please do not hesitate to drop me a message. I do take orders. Anytime. Thanks!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

nana, aku rasa age factor lah...hihi...dulu pun aku gila sgt shopping handbags, g saloon n all, now no more ..dpt duit jek boleh spend byk kat kitchen/groceries stuff...are we getting old? duhhhh...hwehwhwhw

Mummy Nana said...

no I'm not OLD... hahha indenial.... ngeh..ngeh...ngeh...

Ermayum said...

u re A KITCHENOLIC THEN heheh- but groceseries shopping gila gak i mean kalu kat mesia u amek sana sini sana sini then the total can reach rm400 500 tau and it wont evenb last a month camna tu :)

Mummy Nana said...

Tulah... I cannot imagine kalau I balik mesia huhu... mahu sekali beli seribu kot tapi merapu jek barang.. nasib baik sini xdelah mahal cam mesia.. total I beli tu semua around 100 jek...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...