Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Ikea Meatballs

Last night, when I was blogwalking I come across this blog by the lovely Sizuka and got the chance to read through a few of her older entries. As always, I love looking at other people's cooking which comes in handy for the days when I run out of ideas on what to cook for my own family's next meal.

While my sister is around, she mentioned and requested so many dishes, one of it being Ikea meatballs. Hmmm...sounds nice. But, for some reason, when I was about to my attempt at making the dish, I couldn't open Sizuka's post above so, I Googled for an Ikea meatballs recipe instead.

Well, what else can I say? I just love it and the taste is more or less the same, I guess. But, as always I put an extra something on the plate to make up for the missing lingonberry jam. I never liked it anyway...

This was what eventually ended up on my plate...


...and this is Ikea's version.


My version of the recipe is more or less the same as the original recipe, without the mince pork of course. And, I used the same pan the meatballs were fried in along with the leftover butter for the cream sauce as a substitute for beef stock. Then, I added my own home made mashed potato (recipe below) and boiled some broccoli and carrots for a side dish/salad.

Mummy Nana's Mashed Potato recipe

4 Large potatoes
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp Mayonnaise
1 Tbsp of milk (optional)
Salt and pepper for seasoning

Skin and then boil the potatoes in water until they are soft. Mash the potatoes with a fork. Fold in all the other ingredients and mix well. Your mashed potatoes are ready to be served. Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...