Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Running Out of Food!

 I was super busy for the past few days.

This entry is about the day before Christmas.

The door bell rang. I quickly ran downstairs to open the door. It was stuck! Yup...our door was stuck shut because of the heavy snow all week and I couldn't open it from the inside. Luckily, the visitor that morning, Mrs. AngeliNatasya sends her kids to my house and after a bit of pushing and shoving, managed to get the door open. If not, we would have been stuck indoors until Mr. Sunshine decides to come along and melt all the snow and ice. Hahaha..

That wasn't the worst of the news though. Bread, butter, milk and cereal were all gone and there was nothing to eat for breakfast that morning. Due to the severely bad weather, I don't think driving my Peugeot to the shops would have saved the day. It could have made it far worse as instead of being just hungry, I would have been cold, hungry and terribly embarrassed as I got myself stuck in the middle of the road somewhere. Thank God for Miss Pinky. The stand mixer came to the rescue as I made Roti Canai for the kids' breakfast and some hot chocolate minus the milk.



This time I made Ro ti Canai using this recipe. My husband liked TTM's Roti Canai taste better than this as this one tastes more like a traditional bread. Emmm..  I ate it with leftover sempoi tomato fish curry that I had made just the day before. What a heavenly combination.

Straight after breakfast, my husband decided to walk to the shops to get some important things like my baby's nappies and some basic groceries to last us for the next few days. Phewwwwwwwwww..

Ah well, anyway, this is a video of the kids I took last week on the way back from school...


Thank God, the weather is getting better as I write this and at last, we managed to get out with our car.

5 comments:

TopsyTurvyMum said...

sejuk2 camni pekena roti canai memang terbaikk!!:)

AAR said...

salam na,

tinggalkan new year msg dlm shoutbox kak t k.

take care & happy new year

Ermayum said...

hehe sonoknya budak2 berbaring baringan - sonok salji wei but bila da terlampau byk tu sampai terstuck and terhabis semua mkanan ye - sian you- but i suka sejuk lagi babe dari panas kekeke:)

Lady of Leisure said...

wah tebar roti canai sendiri.. best nya.. and i kinda agree with TTM, sejuk2 gitu pekena roti canai sangat heaven kan hehe

Mummy Nana said...

TTM: Ya betulll mmg terbaik... esok nak wat lagilah...

Kak T: Hokey.... Insyaallah U take care too...

Ermayum: Budak2 mmg suka jek... mak budak ntahpapa.. dok dlm rumah jek.. Heeeee.. I pun suka sejuk.. tapi xnak salji or sejuk sgt camnie... haish... Tulah manusia.... huhu

Lady: I tak tebar.. main penyek2.. tarik2 sikit.. hehehe tapi bestlah buat sendiri cam bangga gitu.. ahaks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...