Last night, as with most nights, I was in the bathroom to give my kids a shower before they go to bed. While washing a very active Hisham in the shower cubicle, he suddenly fell and obviously hurt himself. There was blood coming out of his mouth non-stop. Within a few seconds there was blood all over his chest and tummy.
I panicked but kept it together just enough to ask Ameera to call her Daddy who was downstairs. A few minutes later, after I had calmed down a bit, I cleaned the blood and put him on the bed when I realised there was really deep cut on his chin.
Oh my God! I reverted back into panic mode. My two other kids must have sensed my feelings and cried when they saw me. In a way, it was kind of funny, no actually...errr...it was sweet to see my kids crying over their little brother because they thought that something really bad had happend to him. Seriously though, I was all over the place when I saw all the blood and cut. To tell you the truth, I am not as bad as my Dad or my siblings. They can't even stand the sight of blood...ahaks. OK, maybe it runs in the family...heheheh.
My husband calmed me down and he said it was nothing to be too worried about as it was just a small cut but I didn't think so.
Since we had to leave the house anyway as we didn't have any bandages or plasters left in the house, I insisted that we consulted with our good friends, Mr. and Mrs. Tasya. Based on our description of the cut and the pics above (no, we weren't thinking of a blog entry when taking the pics!) they suggested that we bought ourselves a pack of Steri-Strips on our way to their place to give Hisham some much needed special medical attention. Oh goodness, a big Thank You to you guys for your help. We owe you big time, as always.
My poor baby. I think he was in a bit of shock since his fall as he has been quite quiet. I hope he'll be fine soon.
Seemingly, chin injuries are inevitable as it runs in the family. One of my younger brothers has one and so do two of my SILs as confirmed by my FIL.