Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Oucchhh... I Think It Hurts

Last night, as with most nights, I was in the bathroom to give my kids a shower before they go to bed. While washing a very active Hisham in the shower cubicle, he suddenly fell and obviously hurt himself. There was blood coming out of his mouth non-stop. Within a few seconds there was blood all over his chest and tummy.

I panicked but kept it together just enough to ask Ameera to call her Daddy who was downstairs. A few minutes later, after I had calmed down a bit, I cleaned the blood and put him on the bed when I realised there was really deep cut on his chin.


Oh my God! I reverted back into panic mode. My two other kids must have sensed my feelings and cried when they saw me. In a way, it was kind of funny, no actually...errr...it was sweet to see my kids crying over their little brother because they thought that something really bad had happend to him. Seriously though, I was all over the place when I saw all the blood and cut. To tell you the truth, I am not as bad as my Dad or my siblings. They can't even stand the sight of blood...ahaks. OK, maybe it runs in the family...heheheh.

My husband calmed me down and he said it was nothing to be too worried about as it was just a small cut but I didn't think so.


Since we had to leave the house anyway as we didn't have any bandages or plasters left in the house, I insisted that we consulted with our good friends, Mr. and Mrs. Tasya. Based on our description of the cut and the pics above (no, we weren't thinking of a blog entry when taking the pics!) they suggested that we bought ourselves a pack of Steri-Strips on our way to their place to give Hisham some much needed special medical attention. Oh goodness, a big Thank You to you guys for your help. We owe you big time, as always.


My poor baby. I think he was in a bit of shock since his fall as he has been quite quiet. I hope he'll be fine soon.

Seemingly, chin injuries are inevitable as it runs in the family. One of my younger brothers has one and so do two of my SILs as confirmed by my FIL.

11 comments:

fabscarf said...

aku terus scroll for the next pictures dgn hati berdebar2. luka dia nampak deep. tak kena jahit ke tu? alhamdulillah semua dah ok. i cant imagine if im in that position. sure aku nangis. takpela, macho mark...mahal tu.

Mummy Nana said...

Nasib baik xkena jahit.... haish panic jugak lah aku... heheh tulah kalau pompuan dah turun hantaran... hahahaha....

fabscarf said...

hahaha! hisham mesti jadi budak baik lepas ni kan. jgn active sgt hisham.

Unaizah said...

Siannya Hisham... Kalau jadi anything to our kids, we rasa helpless kan. Anak i demam sikit pun i dah kesian tambah-tambah if still baby. Kalau dah berdarah cam gini, aduh lagi la.

Sumaiyyah said...

Something similar happened to me when I was 7, got quite a deep cut on the chin and as a result, some stitches. Poor little Hisyam, hope he's better now.

Unknown said...

omg....takutnya tgk gambar tu..seresly...!!!get well soon dear! Jazlan is even wrst got 5 stiches..huhuhu ...tp kat forehead,so ada la line scar kat situ,bila dh besar ni rasa bangga ada bende tu..dia kate macho!!! hahahaha

naniesc said...

nooo... hisham don't be quiet boy! acu like active hisham.. hehehe tp kejap je ni senyap.. pastu mesti active blk.. aritu jatuh tangga berkali2 pn pastu nk pnjat lagi.. hihikk.. kakna sape younger brother yg kene tuh? ijat ke?

Syuhada said...

aduhai ngilu aku tgk..sian hisham..insyaallah cpt baik ye..kjap je tu dia senyap..

Mummy Nana said...

Fabscarf: Speak too soon... xde baik mana nya... cam tu jugak... mana serik itu budak.. hehehe

Unai:Mmg betul... boleh panic jugak kan kalau diorg nie sakit2.. even we try to act cool.. huhuh

Rina: Ouch.. 5 stiches?? errrr.... sakit tu.. Hisham nie xdelah sampai kena jahit.. tapi mesti ada jugak scar kan.. oklah.. barulah macho kan mcm abang jazlan... heheh

Sumaiyyah: I guess chin tu fav spot budak2 hehehe....

Nanie: Hah cuba teka..? Anak no 3 nie mmg xbetul sikit kan.. hehehe

Adah: Hahaha.. mmg pun mlm tu jek senyap... hehehe.... nie dan becok balik.... xserik lak tu suka lagi man dlm shower..

jat said...

oh no kesian hisham!!! but u have to get stitches to officially join the club. sekarang honourary member dulu heheh.

Ermayum said...

hi hisyam hope you have recovered sweetie - nampak cam dalam gak kan but luka muda insyaAllah parut pudar/or tak nampak bila besar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...