Thursday, February 3, 2011

Weird Combination

I wanted to post an entry about the cake that I made on Monday. Unfortunately, my mobile's USB cable couldn't properly connect to the laptop. Urrghhh...I've been trying for the past 2 days but it just doesn't seem to work. There's no Bluetooth on my laptop or any of the other computers in the house. Hmmphh..we're so not up-to-date.

Anyway, I'll give one last try in another way so InshaAllah if possible, I'll put it up tomorrow. Anyway, last night I was too lazy to cook. I still had some beehoon with spices meatball soup leftover from yesterday but I didn't think it would be enough for our dinner. Few weeks ago, I remembered buying some ingredients to make sushi which I had wanted to make for quite a long time. So, in a lightbulb moment, I tried to make some sushi with some leftover tuna mayo from the morning. I think what I eventually ended up making could qualify as California Roll sushi? Emm.. How does one go about making sushi? I honestly don't know but I just followed the instructions at the back of the packet and tadaaa...some sushi for dinner!


The day itself was quite a busy day as we went to town to drop my husband so that he could pick up his scooter from the workshop. I made a detour and stopped by at the Malaysian-owned Oriental Market to buy my favourite sweet soya sauce  - Habhal's Cap Kipas Udang. Unfortunately, the store had run out of stock. Sigh. To make up for the disappointment we went for a coffee at Brambles Cafe and I ended up buying something else from that oriental shop...


I knew I couldn't keep it in the fridge so, I had to cook them straightaway. Eventually, on top of the beehoon, soup and sushi, I had this as well: Razor with chilli inspired by Lady of Leisure for dinner last night.



Nyummm.. what can I say. A weird combination of food but we loved it anyway.

2 comments:

Ermayum said...

i love sushi but tak pernah buat :) sushi roti pun tempah heheh - check out the recipe kat ermayum sushi melayu :D

Mummy Nana said...

Heheh.. I suka sushi yg non-raw nya jek... cam california roll, inari, udang yg goreng tu... etc..etc... yg mentah confirm xmakan....
Ah lah.. I almost forgot.. I dah baca entry psl sushi roti u tu... mmg nampak menarik dan sedap... almost forgot about it.. nasib u igtkan.. nak buat jugaklah nanti....hehe... thanks..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...