Saturday, February 26, 2011

Ice Cream Maker by KitchenAid

Remember when I got my KitchenAid stand mixer in early December, long before the Christmas sales? Well, on top of the voucher my husband got, I managed to get an extra 10% off the original retail price by signing-up for the store loyalty card. Eager to try out the machine, within just weeks after buying the mixer, I made lots of buns and all sorts of bread non-stop. After a while, I began to think there was a problem with my KitchenAid mixer.

I was starting to get awfully worried as my mixer was making lots of funny clicking noises. The mixer's head also kept on moving weirdly. I Googled and asked a few people including TTM (who has one herself) regarding the problem. Thankfully, it's quite normal and maybe because of all the heavy duty jobs that I've been working on the mixer. But, just to completely satisfy myself, (after all my husband did spend quite a large amount of money on the thing) I went back to the store after Christmas, dragging all 15 kilos of pink cast iron with me.

While waiting for the KA representative, something caught my attention. A KA sign at the store read: Buy a Mixer and get an Ice Cream Maker for FREE (worth €100) + 10% off the retail price. The deal applied to everyone and was not just exclusive to members of the store (hardcore shoppers that lot).

What?

I was devastated. Not that I wanted the ice cream maker so much but it was free. Who wouldn't want that especially since it originally costs €100. If only my husband and I had waited a couple of weeks to buy the mixer. My husband did try to console me with the fact that had we waited, I could have easily missed out on the opportunity to get the mixer in the colour I want - pink, naturally.

Not one to be daunted by silly department store "rules", after talking about my problem with the KA rep (which turned to be OK, as expected), I tried my luck and mentioned that I had just bought my mixer a few weeks earlier and should have waited (with a very disappointed face...awww), blaaa...blaaa...blaaa... To my surprise the lady simply said,

Emmm...don't worry. To make it worth your trip to the store today, I'll sort you with something...

And, as soon as she finished her sentence, she had a KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker packed away for me...for FREE. Yay!!! Well, she definitely just made my day.


Now, to be honest,  I just managed to open the box and use the ice cream maker this week. Bear in mind though, I needed a very big, spacious and empty space in the freezer plus some long hours for the process to even start (I'll let you know all the details in my next post). But for now, I'll just share with you the pictures of  what I made this week.

Very Creamy Plain Vanilla Ice Cream for the kids (Ameera's favourite):


and... 

Caramel, Pecan, Macadamia and White Chocolate Ice Cream


for the two of us...

10 comments:

Sumaiyyah said...

Wow wow wow... something I've dreamed of having ever since I knew such a thing existed... bagusla org puteh ni kan, tak berkira hehe. Try la wat Ice Cream Pie Kak Nana, mesti sedap :D

Unaizah said...

Sedapnya nampak aiskrim tu!!! Jeles ni tau!!! Dah le u pandai bake all sorts of things now pandai buat aiskrim pulak.

Lady of Leisure said...

heeheh.. sexynya ice cream maker.. merah gitu.. i was lookin for a breadmaker tadi, terpandang kat ice cream maker ni.. hehe..

zarin said...

errghhh sungguhlah jelesnya...dahla ada KA mixer then dpt free ice cream maker plak
ish, tk buleh jadi nih, kena pi makan ice cream lah kat dapur nih :D

naniesc said...

omputeh ni mmg dr dulu cair ek ngn kakna? dulu jaket.. ni kitchen aid pulak.. ni namo nye rezekii.. huhuh lepeh ni buat2 ice cream maker lak rusak.. pastu dpt waffle maker.. wahaha..

Unknown said...

waaaaa...mcm2 ada!!!! syokla budak2 tu :)

fabscarf said...

U r so lucky...well lucky is ur middle name from now on. Nak skit ice cream tu pls.

Am said...

wow...a new member in the kitchen hehe.. pasni teringin nk mkn eskrem, bleh je terus buat sendiri hehe

Ermayum said...

oh she is really sweetttttttt - sometime orang yang kita tak kenal really make our day kan - u should give her ice cream yang u buat u know - heheh that is sweeter :)

Mummy Nana said...

Sumaiyyah: Yup..yup.. never tot that I will have it now myself... Alhamdulillah... mmg omputih nie kalau dia kata benda tu free dia xkedekut nak treat customer dia nicely....

Unai: Thanks unai... xde lah terror mana... terpaksa..... kenalah rajinkan diri kat sini..kalau I kat mesia cam u jugak kot... hehehebeli jek..

Lady: Hehehe... sexy U... hah kalau u ada confirm u buatkan.. and mesti cantik2 jek ice cream U... nant kasi pinjam u buat ok...

Zarin: Hahaha funnylah u nie.. I pun baru makan ais kem lagi... haish.. dah lah sejuk ari nie... grrrrrrr

Nanie: Alhamdulillah... muka murah rezki.... Amin....

Rna: Budak2 syiok??? Hahahah more tu mak ngan bapak budak sebenarnya.. ahaks...

Farah: I am so lucky Alhamdulillah... dpt ice cream maker.. dpt tudung.... awwww..... nak skit kena dtg sini.... hehehe

Am: Thanks..... ala kalau teringin makan nak kena buat dulu jenuh jugak tu... heheheh....tapi kalau bosan2 bolehlah nak cuba resipi baru...

Ermayum: Mmg org tu ver nice.. siap dia ckp... kalau ada problem next time dtg jek jumpa dia...heheh mana tahu dpt menda free lagi... ahaks.. nak kasi ais kem kat dia?? Mesti dia pun buat sendiri jugak kot... hahaha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...