Monday, January 3, 2011

A New Day in the New Year

I woke up yesterday morning still feeling the same. Alhamdulillah, thank you Allah for everything.

We were watching a movie the night before the New Year and didn't realised that we were officially into 2011 until we heard the fireworks around and saw a good few sky lanterns in the air.

What else were we supposed to do on this kind of day? Makan-makan, of course. Yup that is one of our (Malaysians who live in Dublin) favourite things to do when the holidays come around. Luckily, after few doses of antibiotics, my husband felt a bit better even though he clearly wasn't fully recovered. We were out and about again after almost a week of staying at home.

 Happy Faces. Can't wait to go out!


And, out we went to meet friends to errr...makan-makan. This time, I brought along some home-made profiteroles and sausage rolls as my contribution to lunch at a friend's house. There, she baked a really nice Roasted Chicken. Seriously, it was really nice and moist. Although we were on time (sort of), nobody else had arrived yet so, we went ahead with the eating and by the end of it, we realised that we had finished almost a whole chicken between the two of us. Eh, OK I'm telling a lie as there were 4 of us but I don't think the other two girls ate that much compared to us. The other guests weren't there yet so why let a finely cooked meal go to waste? Hehehe...

I didn't snap any other pictures of food as I was so shy to take out my Pink Sony Cybershot DSC-T2 as others there had their big and powerful DSLRs and brand new Sony NEX cameras. Err... no lah... I wasn't shy, I was just busy eating and I forgot about getting pictures and all. Seriously, their pictures look better than my compact camera so it's better for them to take my pictures. Ahaks...



Anyway, what's your New Year resolution(s)? Mmm, I never thought of anything myself this time around. You see, I'd already hoped to become a better person on the New Year per the Muslim calendar, InsyaAllah and once a year is enough isn't it?

But, whatever it is, I still want to wish all of you Good Luck for whatever you wished for this year (no matter what calendar was used!).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

nana...comel2 n gebu sgt hot dog tu...rasa syg plak nk makan kekek..too cute!

Ermayum said...

:) betul betul dah berazam dah tuhari but repeating the mantra more than once or every day is even better heheh
happy new year mummy nana may all good things come yr way ye

Mummy Nana said...

Rina: Comel psl kontot2 kot.. heheh.. I bwk gi rumah org so lupa nak rasa.. heheh

Ermayum: Same to you.. Insyaallah....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...