Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter Break - Free things to do !!!!

I should have posted this earlier but due to unavoidable circumantanses, I obviously wasn't able to do so. My brain is as frozen as the ice outside. The weather is so cold. Even with the heating on.

Where is the Sun? And, the heat that comes with it? I don't want to complain but I need it so badly so that at least, I can make my self feel better. Weather, school holidays etc..etc... I just just can't have any ME time alone. I don't even have the time to sit properly in front of my laptop. So, apologies if this post is slightly belated.

Fortunately, Easter is still here. Not that I celebrate it or anything, but for those who do or those who are in the same boat as me i.e. have energetic kids and nothing much to do, while not wanting to spend lots of money to entertain them, I think these few events might help.

In Dun Laoghaire, there will be The Mad Hatter’s Tea Party. So, why not join the party? Most of the shopping centres are closed anyway. It's free, just bring your hat!

Or, you could go to Ikea. During the Easter weekend they'd have loads of competitions and giveaways.

If you want to go further afield and would like a bit of journey, why not go to Meath specifcally, just near Trim Castle. This time of the year, they'd be holding the Trim Hot Air Balloon Fiesta along with a mini funfair for the kids. They'll be face-painting and balloon modelling. Warning: You might have to bring some change for the rides though.


Tip: You might want to park a bit further (maybe beside The Trim Castle or the nearby housing areas) if you don't want to pay for the €5 parking fees closer to the entrance of the site. Oh, depending on the weather, bring along your wellies!

Honestly, I think there will be few more events around that cost close to nothing. But, I think these options would be more than enough. Well at least, for me because it didn't cost me anything to bring the kids. Errr.. well, apart for the petrol for the car and food that we brought along.

Anyway, Happy Easter and enjoy you guys!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...